Saturday, October 11, 2008

Where God Wants Me

My Video in reflecting to God's Call

I have written in the past about acting on God's calling which i have mentioned in an earlier post and i have also mentioned that this has been going on since 2003 - You now most probably wonder why have i not done anything since then well here are some facts:

2003 - i was 33yrs old at the time and only then got to know Christ and got fully involved in my Church (Methodist) at that time -after a few months i got clear signs to preach and live according to God's Word and to spread the Gospel - i started studying theology, i did a christian counselling course, was involved in almost all aspects in my church, met all requirements to commence ministry, was part of a bible study group etc and it got to a point where i had even done a sermon together with a qualified Minister (the most awesome thing in my life was to stand in front of the congregation to preach God's Word - things went well and i was feeling great.

What happened then was i just faded off - was scared - like a lot of us do, i think as we get to feel almost as though "wow - this cant be true and why would God want to use me" I felt my calling is just not right at that time and i felt -no this just can't be". I however slowly drifted away but what i have discovered is if God calls you, yes we might not obey as i did in the past but it will never leave your thoughts and signs will always be given to you at various times - i was also not 100% sure where i fit (where should i be).

You must be wondering why am i writing this - well i writing this as it has taken 5 years for me to realise what God has been doing and its only now that i know for sure - He has shown me where i must go and that when God calls - BE PATIENT - i in 2003 wanted things quicker as we all tend to do sometimes especially when getting to know Christ but the key word to remember is patience - don't try to rush in too quick.

Let God show you in HIS time - He has surely shown me and God will equip you fully for when the timing is right to act upon that calling - i feel equipped today which i did not feel in 2003 (weird hey).

Do not be in a hurry - Its awesome when God reveals and decides the time is right now

Psalm 23:6 - Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

In the name of God the father, The Son and the Holy Spirit - AMEN

No comments: