Friday, October 31, 2008

Guidelines How To Read The Bible


READ. Read and read again until you have understood the passage very well. The passage can be as much as one chapter or just a few verses.

THINK. Think about what you have read (meditation). The following questions will help you to think on the passage.

Is there:

an example for me to follow ?
an error or mistake for me to avoid ?
a command for me to obey ?
a question for me to answer ?
a promise for me to accept ?
a sin for me to repent of ?
a teaching for me to believe - about God, about life, about the world ?

What is the main lesson you have learnt from this passage and which is the verse that best summarizes this lesson ?

Try and commit this verse to memory.

PRAY. Pray concerning the insights and lessons you have got from the reading.

No comments: