Monday, August 25, 2008

LOST

Today is just a "LOST" day for me and I not sure what I writing about so I have titled today's post as "lost" – WHY LOST, I guess my day has just gone like some of the words in the song "LOST" by Michael Buble – I was listening to the song on the radio while driving home and it actually made me think on a few things in general. One line of the songs says "I never saw the writing on the wall" – man was that so true for me and here is why:

The first thing was on Saturday that has just passed I asked my daughter if she thought I should get a another woman in my life – I was just curious to see what she says – I was somewhat amazed when she told me her answer is NO – the best part of this is that she is only 7 years old - in a way I believe she was correct and why, well because I proceeded today to make one of my biggest "bloopers" and that was to tell a great lady what I felt about her – I think everyone must tell people what they feel as we need to rather than to try and bottle feelings up inside. It is how we react to what we say and that can make the difference, be it negative or positive.

Either way in case you wondering what happened with me spilling my heart out to someone - it backfired on me which I was actually expecting in a small way. Funny but yes I was expecting it like a sixth sense but I knew I had to do it. I would always have wondered if I did not do it.

I believe certain things we must never hold back just like what I did today (even though it backfired I have no regrets) and why – because I said to God in the morning that I will accept whatever the outcome would be and besides life is so short I would never have known unless I spoke to her.

God gave me my answer when a little girl of 7 years old gave it to me on Saturday already – the writing was on the wall but I never saw it.

Why do I accept it ?

It is God's will for me and that is good enough for me.

To my Daughter Natalie-ann, here is a line of one of our favourite songs by Katie Melua that you always ask me to play:

"And if the lights go out on all of us in just a year or two, and if the sky comes down like falling rain, I'll be here for you; I'll go down with you."

God always knows what is right for us and when the timing is right.

No comments: