Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ephesians

I must say i really enjoy all the writings of the Apostle Paul and my most favourite book in the Bible for me has to be the book of Ephesians – i do have other favourites if one can call it that but Ephesians for me just seems to have a special place with me.

Last night i was reading a new book that i bought recently which is titled "HEARING GODS VOICE" and the chapter i was reading was discussing aspects of the Holy Spirit and in the same chapter the author referred to the book of Ephesians in the Bible, and because i enjoy Ephesians quite a bit i finished the chapter i was busy with and took my Bible to read before i went to sleep. While reading through Ephesians what caught my attention was the following verse:

EPH 4:26 "DO NOT LET THE SUN GO DOWN WHILE YOU ARE ARE STILL ANGRY" (NIV)

I have been thinking about this verse for 2 days now and what i have realised is that this verse is so easy for us as Christians to forget at times and what we forget is that in order to live a Christian lifestyle we are to obey God's Word and no matter how we look at this verse, it is God's Word and we need to obey it - if we do not obey it then we are ignoring what God has instructed us to do so i have posted this as i believe many of us have not adhered to this verse. If you maybe ask the question but what do you mean, then my answer will be as follows:

Have you ever gone to sleep at night being angry about something or towards someone ? I most definitely have and i can relate to it for sure.

This verse is telling us that no matter what makes us angry – be it an issue at work or maybe even a loved one at home we need to resolve things that make us angry the same day.

The verse for me is an instruction with the solution all in one which is plain and simple "do not let the sun go down while you are still angry"

So next time you have a fight with a loved one sort the matter out the same day – GOD SAYS YOU MUST.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there Johno so true we all sometimes forget who we are and who created us.So many times we loose the plot in live and wonder what we're doing on this planet

Blessed greetings
Piet