Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Special Word


Tracey (not my sister) this one is just for you - Hope you enjoy it


Seeing you yesterday and chatting to you again was really great and I know from what you have told me that you have come out of a difficult time/situation.
I do a bit of writing these days as you know and I also place my writings on my website (blog).


I was thinking about our discussion and I believe God has prompted me to write the following:


Sometimes we look at the past and see it as a failure on our part, I myself have done things and have looked at it wondering if I am a failure. Sometimes we make the wrong decisions, sometimes we fall, sometimes we cry, sometimes our heart breaks, sometimes we not sure why bad things happen and sometimes we just think we failed – here is a verse to remember.
Matthew 7:24 – 27“anyone who listens to my teachings and obeys me is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse, because it is built on a rock. But anyone who hears my teaching and ignores it is foolish, like the person who builds his house on the sand. When the rains and floods come and the wind beat against that house, it will fall with a mighty crash.”


This verse tells us that by listening to Christ and his instruction we can avoid those feelings of failure and God tells us to live and obey His instruction - so what do we do or how do we do it - the only way is to learn from our mistakes we have made in the past and when we obey God’s Word we prevent feelings of so called “failure”. We can withstand any knocks in life as long as it is not contrary to what God tells us.

Sometimes a lot happens out of our control and I know that for sure, but Tracey, just know that I do know what you have experienced, I do know it is not nice, I do know that it takes time to heal wounds, I do know how it feels, I do know people let other people down, but most importantly remember this:


NEVER SEE IT AS A FAILURE ON YOUR SIDE


Please also know that I have had my mistakes and failures too and you know most of them and yes even I a few years ago did things wrong but THE PAST IS GONE – WE CAN’T CHANGE THE PAST – ITS PAST - we take the past experiences and use it to ensure a better future


GOD’S PROMISE = PSALM 37:23-24“The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will not fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand.”


GOD will sort everything – He always does – He will direct us all in the right path and all we need to do is follow His Word.

It was just something short I felt needed to be written – hope you have a nice day and I am truly sorry that you had an engagement broken off.

No comments: