Monday, July 28, 2008

I THANK YOU, LORD

I want to come to You without problems,
Without asking for anything,
without telling you how to run my day,
Just simply to sayThank You!

For Your forgiveness when we fall...
For the sheer joy of sleep when I'm terribly tired...

For the silent strength of humility when pride over takes me...
For the justice of Your laws when men are cruel...

For the remedies for sickness when I am ill...
For the simplicity of orderliness when I face confusion...

For the assurance that You have made a place especially for me when I feel inadequate among my peers...
For the joy of helping others when I see people in need...

For the earthly evidences of Your Will when I'm trying to find out what life is all about...
For the reality of Your world when I stray too far into fantasy...

For the rightness of reasonableness
when I panic too quickly...
For the fun that refreshes
when everything gets too serious...

For the renewal in moments of silence when
I'm dizzy from being busy in a hectic world...


Thank You, Lord for all these things.
But most of all, Thank You for Your Abiding Presence
that makes every day I live, a day of thanks.

I THANK YOU LORD.

AMEN

No comments: