Thursday, February 17, 2011

When Is It Time To Pray ??

 

prayer-jesus

 

Have you ever had anyone come to you and say, "Tell me...how do you know when it is time to pray?"

I mean our stomachs growl when it is time to eat.

Our eyes start closing when it is time to sleep.

When our feelings get hurt, it is time for tears,

With a new birth it is time to care.

People will often tell us, quite so,

When it is time to come, or stay, or go.

But how do you know when it is time to pray?

Does an alarm go off next to your bed?

Or is there a clanging inside your head?

Do your eyes start blinking, a horn start blowing?

Or do you listen for a rooster crowing?

Just what is your way of knowing when it is time to pray?

 

With me...

 

I find it is time to pray

At the beginning and ending of each day (IMPORTANT).

And when I am sick and feeling bad,

Or scared, lonely, lost, or sad.

When the bills blow in like sand

I seek a touch of the Master's hand.

When I need patience, hope and peace

And an abiding love that will not cease.

When I am thankful for all there is

That now is mine, and yet is His.

Gladness, sadness, joy and grief

We share in prayer. And it is my belief

That whenever my heart has something to say

That is how I know when it's time to pray.

No comments: